Bali is a hilly island populated now by at least about
4,000,000 (2014) people with an area of about 5,810square
km. The governor’s office is on Jalan
Basuki Rahmat No. 1, Niti Mandala Renon, Denpasar. Ph 224671 (hotline).
of city centers:
Denpasar: 788,445 (2010)
Badung: 543,332 (2010)
Gianyar: 470,380 (2010)
Klungkung: 176,822 (2008)
Karangasem: 430,251 (2008)
Buleleng: 624,125 (2010)
Tabanan: 420,913 (2010)
Jembrana: 269,859 (2009)
Bangli: 213,808 (2009)
The climate is tropical. Hot during
the day with a high of 33º C and goes down
at a night to 20º C. Humidity is about
85%. The rainy season is from October to March. So, July-August as the high season, mostly the whether is clear.
The main hospital is Sanglah General Hospital
located on Jl. Diponegoro, Ph. 227911, and open
24 hours. Many chemists provide centralized
doctor practices for dentists, oculists, THT.
Surgeons are open between 18 to 20 hours like
Kimia Farma, the most popular drugs store. Chemist located on Jl. Diponegoro,
Most credit cards accepted are Amex
office at Hotel Bali Beach Ph. 286060, 288449.
Diners Club at Jl. Veteran Bali Hotel. Ph. 235584.
Visa/ Master Cards at Jl. Veteran No.3 Ph. 227138,
234771, BCA on Jl. Hasanudin Denpasar, Ph.431012,
The exchange rate varies daily and
you might opt to shop around for the best rate.
Always check the money changer’s figures.
The calculators of the less reputable are often
Main office on Jl. Raya Puputan Ph.223566
with many branches in all districts.
Calling cost a lot less a night
after 9 pm also on Sunday. Helpful telephone
number 108 or 147 for information, 110 stands
by police, 118 ambulances, 48113 for fire brigades.
The price of the rental car is vary, depend on the type of car to rent. They are free deliveried on most area in Bali, including in Sanur.
Bali Car Rental
The currency is Rupiah
or IDR. Most foreign currencies are accepted
like US Dollars, Australian Dollars, Singapore
Dollars, New Zealand Dollars, EURO, etc.
Jl. Raya Puputan Renon, Denpasar Ph. 228290
Jl. Sutomo77 A Denpasar, Ph. 410410
But mostly for the citizens, including the tourist, now prefer to buy a SIM card and use their mobile phone to go online. SIM card is commonly selling in many convenience store. Or, at the exit gate of Ngurah Rai International Airport, called Simpati by Telkomsel.
There are Tourist Information Centres
at Ngurah Rai International Airport Ph. 751011
or Bali Government Tourist Office on Jl. S.
Parman Denpasar Ph. 222387 or Bina Wisata Ubud
Gianyar (next to the Village hand’s office
of Ubud) or Kuta tourist Information on JL.
Legian No. 37 Ph. 755424 or Bali Tourist information
on Jl. Benesari No.7 Kuta, Ph. 754090.
Emergencies International SOS Jl. By
Pass Ngurah Rai 24X, 24 hours emergency help
Ph. 755768. Bali International Medical Center (BIMC)
Ph. 761263. Both is located at very strategic location, that is around Sunset Road, just about 5 minutes drive from the airport.
- Garuda Indonesia at Jl. Melati Ph.
- Qantas at Hotel Bali Beach Ph. 288331.
- Thai Airways at Hotel Bali Beach Ph. 288141
- Orient Thai Airlines, Bali Gardenia Resort Nusa
Dua Ph. 751471.
- Cathay Pacific at Grand Bali Beach Sanur Ph.
- Malaysian Airlines at the departure hall Ngurah
Rai International Airport Ph. 751011 ex. 1454.
- Qatar Airways at Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel Ph. 752222
- Singapore Airlines at Ngurah Rai Bali International Airport Ph. 768383
- Japan Airlines at Jalan Raya Kuta no. 100 Ph. 764733
- Air Asia at Ngurah Rai Bali International Airport Ph. 755799, 8477430
- Lion Air at Ngurah Rai Bali International Airport Ph. 9351011
Central office on Jl. D.I. Panjaitan
Denpasar Ph. 227828 or Ngurah Rai International
Airport Ph. 751038.
Shopping hours 09.00-21.00 hours. The most popular one among the tourist can be found easily at the strategic location Sunset Road, such as Carrefour Sunset Road and Mall Bali Galleria.
- Australian Consulate at Jl. M. Yamin
51 Denpasar, Ph. 235093/2, Fax. 231990.
- France at Jl. By Pass Ngurah rai 35 X Sanur
- Honorary Consul of Federal Republic of Germany
at Jl. Pantai Karang 17 Sanur. Ph. 288235, 282009,
- Honorary Consul of Sweden and Finland at Jl.
Segara Ayu (Hotel Segara Village) Ph. 288407,
288408. Fax 288580.
- Netherlands at Jl. Imam Bonjol 599 Kuta. Ph.
751517, Fax. 752777.
- Consul Agency of USA at Jl. Hayam Wuruk No.188,
Ph. 233605, Fax. 222426.
- Honorary Consul of Norway at Jl. Jayagiri VII/10
Denpasar, Ph. 23598, Fax. 234834.
- Switzerland Consulate on Swiss Restaurant at
Jl. Werkudara, Kuta, ph. 751735, 761311, Fax.
- Japan Consulate at Jl. Raya Puputan Renon, Ph.
227628, Fax. 231308.
- Honorary Consulate of Denmark on Mimpi Resort
Jimbaran, Ph. 701070.
- Honorary Consul of the Czech Republic at Jl.
Pangembak 17, Sanur Ph. 286465, Fax. 286408.
- British Honorary Consul at Cat and Fiddle Restaurant
Jl. Mertesari No.2 Sanur,
Bali provides wide tourist attractions
such as sight seeing tours, water sport facilities
including scuba diving, deep sea, water fishing,
rafting, many golf courses, etc.
Wide verities of International food:
Chinese food, European, American, Japanese,
as Well as Indonesian
dishes are served at most restaurants.
Electricity power through Bali is 220
volt, and mostly use 2 pin plugs; Adaptors can
be purchased cheaply for 3 pin plugs.
- Bali Ethnology Museums on Jl. Letkol
Wisnu Denpasar Open Tuesday to Sunday. From
8am to 2 pm.
- Bali Archeology Museum on Jl. Tampak Siring,
Bedahulu Gianyar, Ph. 942347. Open Monday to
Saturday from 7.30 am - 2 pm expect Friday closed
at 12 pm.
- Museum Le Mayeur on Jl. Hang Tuah, Sanur. Open
Saturday to Thursday from 8 am to 4 pm. Friday
8 am - 1.30 pm.
- Agung Rai Museum of art on Jl. Pengosekan, Ubud.
Open every day from 9 am to 6 pm.
- Puri Lukisan Museum on Jl. Raya Ubud. Open everyday
8 am to 4pm.
- Neka Museum on Jl. Raya Campuhan, Ubud.
Open everyday 8 am to 5 pm.
- Rudana Art Museum on Jl. Peliatan Ubud. Open everyday 8am to 5pm. Ph. 975779.
- Puri Bukit Mas Gallery, Mas Ubud. Open
8 am to 5 pm.
- Seniwati Gallery, Ubud Open 9 am to 5 pm.
- Neka Gallery, Jl Raya Ubud. Open 8 am- 5 pm.